Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pain and Tears

If I only could have been able to think of anything else, something that did not have to do with you, it would have been enough and it would have been fine. I would not have been as I was at that time, crying for your pain and suffering for your tears.

If I had done something to console you and calm you, I would have felt better and it would have been enough. But we were far away, you were just a part of my thoughts, and that was not enough to help you.

And when you were suffering I also suffered, because even though you don't know, for some reason I know you very well, without knowing you at all. And although I did not know the reason for your tears, I knew how you felt, how much pain and grief was in your being.

I hope that laughter floods your face, so you can spread joy and tenderness all over the place, as you always did.

Tomorrow it will all be different, and if it's not, I'll be by your side, because now we are not so far away, like that time, when I could not help you, not even for a moment....
Image and video hosting by TinyPic